Student Contents Cover

68% of students in the UK do NOT have personal possession’s cover!

What should I do next?

Add up the cost of all the items you are taking to university with you, not forgetting to include things like clothes, accessories, DVDs and CDs.

Most students will have a Laptop computer which is not automatically covered under the contents section of cover, so to ensure this is protected also please add this on the quotation page. This will then be covered for accidental damage anywhere in the UK.

If you have any other items which you need to be covered whilst away from your Student Accommodation such as iPods, cameras and mobile phones etc, you will need to add these as general personal possessions, but do not forget to check your limits.

Accidents can happen, so if you want your contents to be insured for Accidental damage in your room or shared house, then you will need to add accidental damage cover to your quote.

Some other things for you to think about!

My parents have home contents insurance so are my things already covered?

Your parents would need to check with their own insurers, and the following is worth bearing in mind:-

Home insurance policies will normally have a higher excess than a student contents insurance

Any claim made could affect your parents no claims bonus and the cost of their renewal

I do not start for a while, so do I need to pay now?

If you are happy with the policy cover and the price, you can choose to start the insurance from the date you go to university, but will need to pay now.

By sorting it out now you will not forget to do it closer to the time.

You cannot backdate insurance so if you forget to arrange it and something happens to your belongings you will not be able to make a claim.

We have access to a wide range of insurance markets and specialist schemes that allow us to ensure we can provide a competitive quote for your student contents insurance.

To obtain a quote or to seek advice from one of our insurance advisers about student or tenant’s contents insurance, please complete the enquiry form and we'll be glad to assist you. An adviser will contact you within one working day to discuss your needs.

The Small Print

Cover is available for houses, bungalows, maisonettes, individual flats and blocks of flats occupied on the following basis anywhere in the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).

Sum Insured £5,000 - £30,000

Single Article Limit £1,000 noted £2,500 limit

Other than;

Bicycle £500

Mobile Phone £300

(These items all have a £100 Excess)

Contents within detached domestic outbuildings and garages £500

Accidental Damage to Landlord’s Contents as a result of an insured peril £2,500

Replacement Locks following theft or loss of keys £250


All mobile phones or laptops must be noted on the schedule under personal possessions.

Please advise us if you have made any claims in the last 3 years

We still can arrange cover for the following:

If the sum insured is greater than £30,000.

If your property is in an area that has a history of flooding we will need to check your post code before we can arrange cover (this does not apply to flats above the ground floor).

Where there are more than 4 sharers in a property.

Contact Us

BJP Oxford

3 Elm Place, Old  Witney Road,
Eynsham, Oxford,
OX29 4BD

Tel:  01865 88 44 44
Fax: 01865 88 13 33

If you are unhappy with our service, we have a complaints procedure, details of which are available on request, or by clicking here, and you may be able to refer a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) if you are unhappy with how we dealt with your complaint.